Sunday, September 30, 2018

What in Sam Hill?


Today’s episode is brought to you by Texas A&M University. Texas A&M, at the forefront of the cutting-edge industries of agriculture and mining, is one of the leading educators and proponents of crop rotation. Do you look like fracking and football? Fuck yeah, you do! Come on down to Texas A&M and join the festivities at the annual Frack Fest. Kids admitted for free! Bob for oil, get your face painted with oil and take an ol’ timey photo in oil!

Speaking of Texas, our guest today is one of history’s preeminent Texans: Sam Houston. Leader of the early Texas Republic and later governor of the state, Sam Houston stunned fans with his pro-Unionist views and repudiation of the Confederacy at the outset of the American Civil War. What a maverick!

HB: Sam, first off, nice bow tie. What is that, two feet in width?

SH: Goddamn right!

HB:  High five!

Both: Crop rotation!

HB: Sam, what are you doing these days? Political career is dead because of your Unionist treachery.

SH: I like to think I came out on top…

HB: Whoa ho! High five!

Both: Crop rotation!

SH: Nah, I’m still in Texas, surprisingly. Just opened an eco-friendly, locally sourced brisket joint called What in Sam Hill?

HB: How are the tips?

SH: Mind blowing.

HB: And I gotta ask, are you living in…Houston?

SH: No, fuck that place. I was pro-Unionist, I’m an f’ing  honorary Cherokee, so I’m not really welcome in most of Texas.

HB: So you live in…

SH: Austin! The only place I can call home now, is Austin. That’s where I set up What in Sam Hill?, I played SXSW with my Duran Duran cover band last year and I’m keeping Austin weird.

HB: Let’s keep it weird with, one, two, three…

Both: Crop rotation!

No comments:

Post a Comment